Sunday, August 29, 2010

Why DIY?

It seems alittle ironic that in a time where money is tight for just about everyone, the cost of everything still seems to be soaring. So, in a time where saving your pennies really does make a difference, I devised a plan to help others get their creative juices flowing by creating many DIY creations of their own.
My name is Laura and I am 28 years young. Ever since I can remember, I have been into "all things arts and crafts". You name it, I have probably done it. I may not have been able to stick with it, but it's safe to say I was probably obsessed with whatever it was for a good few weeks. What I have managed to stick with is that same love of creativity. I tried using that love of creativity as a designer when I graduated college, but as usual, money talks, and I eventually needed to move on. I am currently a teachers aide (waiting for a full time position but the economy seems to be trying to keep me down) and spend most of my day doing arts and crafts with cute little kids. Perhaps I have found the perfect job? All in all, I am a down to earth girl, who tries to make the fullest out of every opportunity. I enjoy creating things with my own hands, taking the road less traveled, volunteering, feeding stray animals, photography, taking notice of the beauty that is nature, and of course, relaxing and hanging out with friends, family, and my love.

Most of my creations stem from ideas my friends are looking for, but I am on my way to starting a side business so please dont hesitate to contact me if you are interested in anything or have a great idea of your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment